Saturday, October 9, 2010

Blogging My Craft

So I've been reading a few blogs once in a great while but after reading the book "The Handmade Marketplace: How to Sell Your Crafts Locally, Globally, and Online", I realized that just reading blogs was not the only thing that would benefit this crochet sales endeavor. My main dilemma with selling my crafts has been keeping enough inventory to do a booth.

So you now would like to know why that is an issue. Well my husband and I started the great adventure of living in our RV full-time in 2007 and it is because of this great adventure I have the time to crochet but it is also because of this adventure that I have limited space for not only supplies but for my limited inventory. There are days that I feel I've shoved yarn in every conceivable nook and cranny I can find and am just waiting for my husband to open his sock drawer and I hear across the 32' travel trailer..."Uh...honey..." then I know I'm in trouble. AKA...time to sell some stuff! He always tells me that if something comes in the front door...somethings gotta go out the back.

OK, so back to the booth thing...not so much fun sitting in a booth all day by yourself. And to have a really GREAT booth you need GREAT props and table decorations and signs and nick knack stuff, and, and, and....did I mention the RV storage thing? So you see my dilemma. I have learned a lot from this book and one of them was that "to blog is to be"...that is if you wanna be noticed online.

I don't have a lot of items because crochet work takes time. Not all of the items I crochet are my own pattern either. If you happen to find something on my site that is your design and I have mistakenly left our your credit, it is truely that, a mistake. Believe me, I don't want to make a thousand of whatever it is you created...I traditionally make it once, maybe twice, then move on to something else. My love of crochet forces me to sell not for mere profit but for lack of space.

If you are not a crocheter but would like to commission someone to crochet something for you please contact me. If I know it is heading right out the door once I'm finished the happier I make the hubby!

I will give this blogging a try and hopefully if the stars align just right and God deems it fit this will be the start of a whole new season for Fabulously Flawed Crochet Creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment