Thursday, June 27, 2013

Craftaholics Annonymous 2013 Summer Gift Exhchange

I know I've not posted in forever but if there is anyone that ever reads my blog they know that is nothing new.  I go months, ok maybe a year or so, without posting.  I don't have a lot of followers so I guess there's just no "connection" there that makes me want to correspond.  But since I do still crochet, still live in my RV and still want to participate in this summer's Crafaholics Annonymous Gift Exhange, I have to have a link for the linky party!

So here is the gift I made for my partner:



The scarf does not come with the bling-bling pin (it's actually a barrett) but I thought it was cute so I added it.  The yarn is 100% sugar cane that I found in the bottom of a basket at Tuesday Mornings.  It was so soft that I couldn't help but get it.  Alas it was the only one so I was limited with what I could do with it.  When my partner said she liked jewelry and blue I thought this would work well.  I know it's not "technically" jewelry, but seriously have you seen some of the chunky stuff that is available now?  I think this will pass! :)  I hope she loves it as much as I hate to pass it on.

2 comments:

  1. My goodness that is a very nice gift and sure can pass for jewelry! I'm a once-a-year blooger myself and seem like some of your same reasons LOL!!! I talk to myself alot here at home, don't need to do it on the internet too hahahaha!! They say the best gifts are those that are hard to part with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Judi! I think people who talk to themselves are AWESOME!!

      Delete