Saturday, July 23, 2011

In A Creative Mood

I have been feeling unusually creative lately.  Not that I don't consider myself a creative person but it usually comes in small spurts one project at a time.  This post you'll see FOUR things I've come up with in the past week.  I have one more that is still in the ripping out, reworking, trying again stage but once it's done you can bet I'll post it!

As many of you know we bought a new car a couple of weeks ago.  Little miss short legs here has to have the seat up so far that the seat belt is extremely annoying on my neck when I wear a tank top.  Soooo I came up with this snazzy seat belt cover with some left over yarn I had.  I LOVE this yarn's color pattern.  And even better, it's not so girly that my husband won't use it.



Next, some flowers.  Originally I made these up and sent them to my granddaughter for her hair or bag or whatever she wanted.  Well after her mom posted a picture on FB with her wearing one I've had others interested.  So we're gonna give it a whirl at the Farmers Market and see how it goes! 




SCRUBBIES!!!  Everyone loves a good scrubbie and I really never thought about making any since I typically like to focus on wearables.  However....I had 3 different inquires as to whether I had any, or could make some.  After making these my husband liked it so much he asked for one to clean the grim off his truck rims....and all be darned they worked GREAT!!



This next item is still a bit of a work in progress.  I had some leftover yarn in the most adorable color verigation that I just had to use it.  My original thought was to make it long enough to wear both as a hippie/boho kinda head band or to tie around your waist as an oh so cute fashion statement. 
Keeping the fly aways at bay.

Wrapping up the bun....CUTE!

Darling boho belt.
So I'm still kicking this around because the yarn pictured is a very lightweight sock yarn.  If you use it as a belt it doesn't really hold anything up as it's just for fashion, yet if you want to put it on your head it's the lightweight makes it VERY comfortable and doesn't get too hot.  Either way you don't want to tie it too tight because of the lightweight.  I'm thinking I might use this same concept in a belt only style and add D rings to one end and use a heavier weight yarn....hmmmm, still thinking on that one.

How do you go through your creative process??

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work! I have the same problem with seatbelts! By the way, congratulations! I'm passing a Sunshine Award to your blog. Check it out at http://daperfectmix.blogspot.com.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete