Monday, October 3, 2011

Prayer Shroud for Pastor Terry Bullock

I know it has been FOREVER since I posted so I thought I would start with a custom project I did for a dear friend of ours.  He had placed a request on facebook for someone with sewing experience to make a prayer shroud for him with maybe a little embroidery on it.  Since I am NOT the sewer so much I offered to embroider if anyone wanted to do the sewing part.  After a time with no responses I offered to crochet a border on a piece of muslin material. 

So I began with this....
After some trial and error at exactly how I was going to accomplish such a feat.  I say that because I've never done a crochet edging on material before and I really wasn't sure how to go about it.  That first row seemed to take forever but once I got a good rhythm going it wasn't so bad.


Some details of the edging.



It turned out to be about 36 inches wide and about 63 inches long.  I found that the corners curled a bit more than I liked but other than that it is absolutely beautiful! ....if i do say so myself ;)  I will definitely be up for making more and can't wait to try this technique on a fleece blanket!!  Ya want one??  Send me a message and we can design something together!

I've completed so many projects for the grandbaby that I need to put up but we're in the process of packing up to head for Texas.  Much more to come though...stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment