Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Yurt, Work and Dinner

I found out what a Yurt is today!  It's actually pretty cool and even cooler when you get to do yoga in one...well I take the cooler part back.  In deep south Texas it's nearly 80 as the sun in rising and the Yurt is NOT air conditioned.  But I LOVED every minute of it!!  I was running a bit behind today so the next time, oh and there will be a next time, I will get more pics!

Then I went to the grocery store...probably shouldn't do that on an empty stomach, eh?
How did those get in there??
 I had to work at noon today.  For those of you that don't know, I have been working part time at the Sandpiper Gift Shop.  It is inside the Pearl Resort on the island.  It has given me something to do this summer and a little extra spending money.  My days are numbered though.  Kids are heading back to school and Labor Day is just around the corner.  Almost time for the new season of life!

Yes, those are Tom's wedges....

Really don't need these...need to STOP shopping!

On my way home I pass this little shop right at the corner of my street.  They always have a whimsical saying on their sign.  Today I couldn't help but think that if Jesus liked fishing so much that I doubt he wouldn't have a little of it going on in heaven...catch and release of course. :)
Wasn't Jesus a fisherman?
DINNER!  I decided to pop in for some shrimp...I think I'll marinate it in a citrus sauce until Joe comes home.


We have found that living by the coast does not allow for a very deep or good fresh water resource thus the water that comes from your pipes is quite icky....so this is our daily ritual.  Right at the end of the block, how convenient!
DON'T DRINK THE WATER!

Dinner!!  I found a citrus marinade packet that called for adding only the OJ so that's what I went with for tonight.  Grilled everything up and ta-da!  Joe was a happy man.



No comments:

Post a Comment